[BLUG] [Novalug] Linux Admin Position Available - Fairfax, VA (fwd)
beartooth at Beartooth.Info
Thu Feb 9 10:08:53 EST 2012
Forwarded with the OP's blessing. -- rrn
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 15:38:40 -0500
From: Dan Lavu <dan at lavu.net>
To: NOVALUG <NOVALUG at calypso.tux.org>
Subject: [Novalug] Linux Admin Position Available - Fairfax, VA
Just thought I'd post this here because I'm feeling lucky.
Anyways we are a software company that is in the spend cost
analysis market. The majority of the software is written in Java
that runs on tomcat using modjk to connect to apache. We have
offices in Boston, Kentucky, Virginia, New York, China and the
Well I won't go into a lot of detail but it's a small team and we
manage over six data centers using enterprise equipment (sans,
blades and some other cool toys); below is the public job
description for the position.
Last thing and it's a pretty big deal too, we have been acquired. We are no
longer Emptoris but IBM, neat right?
Please send all resume's to dlavu at emptoris.com
Hosting Systems Engineer
This position will be a member of a team responsible for system
administrations of all Emptoris Hosting Systems. The candidate will assist
in deploying and administrating leading edge technology to support Emptoris¹
enterprise applications within Emptoris¹ hosting facilities. The successful
candidate will work closely with other members of the internal teams to
support client requirements.
Work on any given day might include proactive maintenance on the systems
environments and applications, systems software modification, install and
configure new servers, assisting in develop process/policy from a systems,
network and administrative point of view.
· Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of servers
which are collocated in a remote data centers
· Deploy new systems in Emptoris¹ hosting facilities (Windows and
· Manage and monitor core application hosting components including web
farm (IIS and Apache), database servers, virtual and physical servers.
· Document installation and data center process and procedures
· Monitor system and application availability
· Administer and attend to all system backups and recovery as assigned
· Maintain a secure and highly available hosting environment
· Maintain accurate inventory of asset management system
· Optimize system operation and resource utilization
· Manage user accounts of various servers and internal applications,
· Install, configure, and upgrade OS, applications and hardware on
· Troubleshoot and debug OS and application issues where appropriate,
monitor for problems,
· Perform system capacity analysis; provide assistance to users in
accessing and using web-based systems.
· Maintain data files and system configuration for system availability
· Work with Engineering & Customer Support during project deployments.
· 4+ years of experience in the installation and maintenance of
Linux/Windows operating systems in high availability environment
· 4+ years of experience in troubleshooting Windows and Linux systems
· 2+ years of experience in administration a Virtual Server Environment
· Knowledge of scripting for automation of systems admin tasks
· Exposure to networking and oracle databases is a plus
· Experience with web based applications like IIS, Apache,
Weblogic,Websphere, or JBoss/Tomcat
· Knowledge of TCP/IP as a network protocol and Internet application
· Knowledge of Windows Active Directory
· Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
· Ability to convey complex or technical information comprehensively to
non-technical individuals and ability to work with all organizational levels
· Participation in a rotating on-call schedule
The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, good analytical and
problem solving abilities, be motivated to learn and work effectively in a
fast-paced software development company.
-------------- next part --------------
Novalug mailing list
Novalug at calypso.tux.org
More information about the BLUG