[BLUG] How to utilize these unused spaces?

Thomas Smith tgs at resc.net
Wed Oct 5 13:40:20 EDT 2011

Hi,

Yes, lvextend will magically figure out that it can use the free parts of
the volume group.  The "PFree" column from "pvs", or the "Free PE" (physical
extents) line in "pvdisplay", shows how much space is left *within* the
physical volume, so you don't need to grow the physical volumes at all.

Good luck,
-Thomas