[BLUG] Asterisk/VoIP presentation

Mark Krenz mark at slugbug.org
Wed May 21 21:57:56 EDT 2008

  I'd be interested in doing a presentation on the Asterisk open source
PBX server.  Is July open?  June is a little too soon for me.  I don't
want to bother with it if nobody is interested though, so if you could
let me know if you are interested in such a presentation, let me know.

 I promise to make it interesting and somewhat interactive.  I've
learned quite a bit about Asterisk over the past few weeks while setting
up a new VoIP phone system for Suso's offices.  Provided that the
library allows it, I should be able to bring an IP phone to the
presentation and make calls through the internet to the Asterisk server
in our office and stuff like that.  I think it will even be interesting
to those who don't know anything about VoIP.

--
Mark Krenz
Bloomington Linux Users Group